The reopening of the lobby and exhibit spaces at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library in Ann Arbor is part of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)’s approach to safely reopening NARA’s exhibit spaces based on local public health conditions, facility readiness, and available staffing.
An important step in ensuring successful on-site visits is providing our visitors with information about how to make their experience as enjoyable as possible, while ensuring the overall safety of staff and visitors. Therefore, the following new procedures for visiting the lobby and exhibit spaces at the Ford Library during the COVID-19 pandemic will be in effect.
Lobby and Exhibit Space Operations:
- The lobby and exhibit spaces will be open Monday through Friday, from 8:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- They will be closed on all Federal holidays.
- Admission is free and on a first come, first served basis.
- Guided tours are not available.
- Food and water are not allowed inside the Library.
- Water fountains are not available.
- Bags and backpacks are not permitted in the lobby and exhibit spaces. Only one purse or diaper bag is allowed per person.
- A wheelchair is available for use by visitors.
Safety and Social Distancing Measures in the Lobby and Exhibit Spaces:
- Physical distancing is mandatory. Please maintain a separation of 6 feet from other guests not in your group.
- Face coverings are permitted but not required.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the Library.
- The Ford Library is conducting routine cleanings and disinfecting of hard surfaces throughout the building and exhibit spaces and will follow NARA procedures for deep cleaning when needed.
Last Updated: September 30, 2022