The Ford Library has extensive audiovisual holdings in many formats. Most items are among the historical materials donated to the U.S. Government by President Ford, but material has come from many other sources as well. The audiovisual reference staff can help you find and purchase copies of what you need.
Much of the Library's audiovisual holdings, including all White House-produced photographs, motion picture films, and audiotapes, are in the public domain. Other material, such as donated items and White House Communications Agency news videotapes, are subject to copyright law (see "How does copyright law affect research?").
Search across Ford Library audiovisual collection finding aids:
Audiovisual Collection Descriptions
Descriptions available through the links below summarize the library's audiovisual holdings and provide a basis for requesting further help from library staff.
- Key Ford White House Collections, 1974-77
- Key Ford Pre-Presidential Collections, 1879-1974 (Page under construction)
- Key Ford Post-Presidential and Funeral Collections, 1977-2006 (Page under construction)
- Oral History Audiotapes and Videotapes (Page under construction)
- All Audiovisual Collections (Page under construction)
Ordering Reproductions of Audiovisual Materials
Return to table of contents for Collections Guide and Finding Aids