Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library
Recommended readings for Ford Library Practical research Experience
It is strongly recommended that students read the first two papers before visiting the library.
· Reichley, A.James. "Gerald R. Ford" In Encyclopedia of the American Presidency. Edited by L.W. Levy and L.Fisher. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1993.
· Hyland, Pat. Presidential Libraries and Museums: An Illustrated Guide.Washington: Congressional Quarterly, 1995. [Adobe PDF file]
· National Archives and Records Administration. Gerald R. Ford: Presidential Perspectives from the National Archives. Washington: NARA, 1994. [Adobe PDF file]
· Horrocks, David A. "The American Presidential Library System at Age 50." Paper presented at the XV International Congress on Archives, Vienna, August 2004. [Adobe PDF file]
· Schick, Frank L. Records of the Presidency: Presidential Papers and Libraries from Washington to Reagan. Phoenix, Arizona: Oryx Press, 1989. [Adobe PDF file]
· Titles of additional books about President and Mrs. Ford
Search the Ford Library & Museum web site
Send e-mail to the Ford Library