Transcript of Grand Jury subpoena issued by Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox to President Richard Nixon (View Images)
GRAND JURY SUBPOENA DUCES TECUM
Subpoena Duces Tecum
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT For the District of Columbia
THE UNITED STATES vs John Doe
REPORT TO UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT HOUSE
Between 3d Street and John Marshall Place and on Constitution Avenue NW.
Grand Jury Room 3
Washington , D.C.
To: Richard M. Nixon, The White House, Washington, D. C., or any subordinate officer, official, or employee with custody or control of the documents or objects hereinafter described on the attached schedule.
You are hereby commanded to attend before the Grand Jury of said Court on Thursday the 26 th day of July, 1973, at 10 o'clock A.M. to testify and to bring with you the documents or objects listed on the attached schedule. WITNESS: The Honorable John J. Sirica Chief Judge of said Court, this 23 rd day of July 1973.
JAMES F. DAVEY, Clerk
Attorney for the Untied States
by Robert L. Line [signed]
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
GRAND JURY SUBPOENA DUCES TECUM
Dated July 23, 1973
Schedule of Documents or Objects to be Produced by or on Behalf of Richard M. Nixon
- All tapes and other electronic and/or mechanical recordings or reproductions, and any memoranda, papers, transcripts or other writings, relating to:
- Meeting of June 20, 1972 , in the President's Executive Office Building (“EOB”) Office involving Richard Nixon, John Erlichman and H. R. Haldeman from 10:30 a.m. to noon (time approximate).
- Telephone conversation of June 20, 1972 , between Richard Nixon and John N. Mitchell from 6:08 to 6:12 p.m.
- Meeting of June 30, 1972 , in the President's EOB Office, involving Messrs. Nixon, Haldeman and Mitchell from 12:55 to 2:10 p.m.
- Meeting of September 15, 1972 , in the President's Oval Office involving Mr. Nixon, Mr. Haldeman, and John W. Dean III from 5:27 to 6:17 p.m.
- Meeting of March 13, 1973 , in the President's Oval Office involving Messrs. Nixon, Dean, and Haldeman from 12:42 to 2:00 p.m.
- Meeting of March 21, 1973 , in the President's Oval Office involving Messrs. Nixon, Dean, and Haldeman from 10:12 to 11:55 a.m.
- Meeting of March 21, 1973 , in the President's EOB Office from 5:20 to 6:01 p.m. involving Messrs. Nixon, Dean, Ziegler, Haldeman and Erlichman.
- Meeting of March 22, 1973 , in the President's EOB Office from 1:57 to 3:43 p.m. involving Messrs. Nixon, Dean, Erlichman, Haldeman and Mitchell.
- Meeting of April 15, 1973 , in the President's EOB Office between Mr. Nixon and Mr. Dean from 9:17 to 10:12 p.m.
- The original two paragraph memorandum from W. Richard Howard to Bruce Kehrli, dated March 30, 1972, concerning the termination of Howard Hunt as a consultant and transfer to “1701”, signed “Dick,” with handwriting on the top and bottom of the one-page memorandum indicating that it was placed there by Kehrli. (A copy of this memorandum was turned over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation on August 7, 1972, by James Rogers, Personnel Office, White House.)
- Original copies of all “Political Matters Memoranda” and all “tabs” or “attachments” thereto from Gordon Strachan to H. R. Haldeman between November 1, 1971, and November 7, 1972.
Citation: Grand Jury subpoena issued by Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox to President Richard Nixon on July 26, 1973, Misc. 47-73; United States District Court for the District of Columbia; Records of the District Courts of the United States, Record Group 21, NARA, College Park, MD.